BY ZRCL @misseckhaus


Our first and last walk uphill was for possession of two yellowing plums, she said. No, two brown flowers, he said. Okay. Two Brown Flowers. We climbed slowly toward the house of destiny. No,no, the temple of chance. The other direction two stones rolled downhill, she said. Billiard balls. They were billiard balls, he said. Oh yes, I recall. It was exactly then, that I made fun of your sunburn, she said and dropped the plums, he said. When you made so much out of nothing. -M. Yakich
"'One day you and I and this will all turn to dust.'he said, she said, they said."
-P. Thek



RE TREAT ING



You are Not a Statue

And I am not a pedestal.

We are not a handful of harmless
scratches on a pale pink canvas.
Today is not the day to stop

looking for the woman
to save you. What was once
ivory is wood.what was once

whale bone is cotton.
My coif and corset are duly
fastened, and you shirttail is

tied in a diamond knot.
You may be the giver
of unappreciated nicknames

and the devoted artist
who has given my still life
life. But we can never reach 

each other's standards.
You want to condemn me 
to eternity. I want to make you

no more perfect than you
used to be. We are not
together, we are not alone.
_M.Yakich